Sunday, April 24, 2011

Everything Cool Comes from England

So I was looking up English musicians for my handy little British playlist found at the bottom of this blob. I originally thought that I'd want to brush up on some current British musicians so I'd be ready for British radio. Ummm, first off, people in English basically listen to the same stuff we do. Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Rhianna, Bruno Mars... all at the top of the charts right now. [And so is the song "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman, thanks to some awesome guy on "Britain's Got Talent." I'll have to post more about that obsession later.]

Second, almost every artist that I love started out in Britain. I knew about Coldplay, Natasha Bedingfield, Adele, Dido, Kate Nash, Lily Allen and a bunch of others. But seriously... La Roux, KT Tunstall, Keane, Travis, Oasis, Starsailor, Queen, MIKA, David Gray, Muse, The Smiths, The Rolling Stones... All of the cool stuff basically comes from Britain. Man, I'm starting to think this trip will be like going home.

Check out the playlist at the bottom for a taste of all the music that you never knew came from Britain (or maybe you did and I'm just a little dim).

No comments:

Post a Comment